Monday, September 22, 2008

I Wonder What Accupuncture Would Feel Like

It seems like most teachers come home with scores of "student stories" to share. For some reason, hilarious moments never seem to occur during my teaching experiences. I'm trying to rack my brain right now so I can share an anecdote with you, but nothing comes to mind. It's not that teaching isn't eventful, because every day is so busy and crazy that I barely have time to breathe. Maybe it's something to do with the 7th grade. Honestly, the funniest moment that I can think of is when one student asked the girl across from him for her number. In the middle of class. She felt so awkward and I was standing right next to their table. Poor girl.

Teaching is a tough job. Way tougher than I ever imagined it to be. My first week of full responsibility started today, and everything went smoothly. Everything except the fact that my supervisor failed to show up today to observe me. She missed the last appointment, too - well, she forgot about it and came an hour late, but by that time we were doing other things and she didn't get to see me teach. Which is why she scheduled an observation for today.

Sigh.

I am so tired right now and to be honest, I shouldn't be on here. I need to grade papers so that I can go to bed early. (And when you consider that "normal" time is 9:30... early is pretty early.)

If I could have one wish right now, it would be to curl up on my bed in my fuzzy blanket, have someone bring me a cup of hot tea and give me a foot massage. :-) (Austin, this is what you get to look forward to when we get married!!! Haha!)

One more thought: The Office comes back on Thursday. I honestly can't wait!!!! It will be the one time I turn my TV on every week. Seriously.

-K

4 comments:

Austin Cox said...

Bring on the foot rubs and hot tea. I can't wait.

Lauren said...

i agree - teaching is stinkin' hard!

and i go to bed at 9:30 every night, too! if i don't it's like i don't function well the next day in the class.

are we old?

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous you get to go to bed at 9:30...It's a good night if I'm in bed at 10:30 :( I'm trying to get better though...

This week I have SO many papers to grade, so I feel like I'm eating, sleeping, grading and teaching. I think showering fits in there somewhere as well...most days anyway ;)

Sorry I missed you Friday night! Let's hang out soon though!

Ashley said...

haha i think we have the same supervisor! (not really though). my supervisor was always late and she was very flighty. it always got on my nerves.

don't worry, most of the student stories that i have to share have to do with them passing notes in class, or failing, or not turning in homework. it could also be that it's because you're a student teacher and they want to act super perfect around you since you're a "college girl"... they probably really admire you and don't want to embarrass themselves! :) i never really had funny stories during my student teaching... my kids never talked!

i wish we could have one of our regular "office" parties! i miss those days. that's the only thing that got me through math 367! hahaha!