Thursday, June 28, 2007

Down on the Farm


Howdy howdy howdy!

I am back. It's been a great week, and the weekend will be even greater! This weekend (yes, right before finals), my sister and I get to go hang out with some awesome people on one of our friends' farms. I guess it's not really his farm, but someone in his family owns it. That's besides the point. The point is, it's going to be fun! I can't really explain how excited I am! Also, Carolyn and I get to cook for everyone on Saturday night. I've been wanting to do something like this for a while, and now I finally get the opportunity! We are going to fish, shoot and build a fire, apparently. I bet you are all laughing right now.

Me? Fish? Shoot?

Yes, I'm scared. I am a sit-in-a-coffee-shop-and-talk kind of girl. I am good at doing indoor kinds of things. But this is my chance to finally be "Texan". I have missed out my whole life! I haven't got the slightest clue how to do anything outdoorsy, really. Fishing reminds me of my Papa, because he loved it so much. I didn't know him very well when he passed away (I was 14), so doing something that he loved will make me feel connected to him in a way. Ok, I know I sound creepy, but I can't explain it. Bottom line, I am excited about getting to enjoy God's creation. :)

Have you ever tried to eat a sandwich that had grated cheese on it instead of sliced cheese? Well, I'm doing that right now, and it's very difficult. All the cheese keeps falling out and it's pretty messy. We ran out of cheese slices, so I had to use the grated cheese. Never again.

I found out yesterday that my family are going to be coming into town today. They were in Birmingham visiting my Pop (dad's dad), and since Claire has to be at camp on Sunday (the camp is not too far from here), they thought they would stay in CS until then. It's kind of sad because Carolyn and I won't be in town this weekend... I wish we could have gotten a heads up about this, but whatever. I am sure I will be going home soon (I really need a haircut and I'm scheduled to have my teeth clean in July), so I'll get to spend time with them then.

Well y'all, I'm sorry none of this is entertaining. I was just updating for the sake of it.

Peace out!

0 comments: