Monday, June 18, 2007

Keesh!

There is a Quiche Lorraine cooking in the oven. Sounds hard, but it's freakin easy to make. Carolyn is showing me her nose hairs right now. We just spent about a billion and two hours at Coffee Station. In the other room, John Mayer is singing about someone's body (apparently it's a wonderland). It is a very good day.

So yeah, Carolyn and I went to Coffee Station to study, but ended up studying 1 and 2 Thessalonians for a good 3 hours, I bet. Tiffany was with us, and it was absolutely phenomenal. There is nothing that gives me joy like studying God's Word with other Brothers and Sisters in Christ. Ahhhhh I get excited just thinking about it!!! I didn't read anything about Sam Houston, and now I am feeling guilty. Just to inform you on how awful my brain is, for about 2 seconds (as I was typing "Sam Houston"), I thought that Sam Houston not only played a great part in Texas' history, but was responsible for the chain of the most popular superstores in the USA. Good grief. Then I remembered that that was Sam Walton. They do have kind of similar names, though.

Carolyn has just grabbed my scissors and is cutting Milky's fur off. I am seeing chunks of it fall into her lap as I speak. He is looking more and more like a hobo hamster. She just felt sorry for him because it's so hot in my room right now. Carolyn kind of loves animals a lot.

Back to the 1 and 2 Thessalonians thing. I really loved this verse, so I am going to share it with y'all.

"And then the lawless one will be revealed, whom the Lord Jesus will overthrow with the breath of his mouth and destroy by the splendor of his coming." - 2 Thessalonians 2:8

WOW!!! Seriously? Just by breathing, God's power is so amazing that it will overthrow the antichrist, and simply His splendor will destroy him. WOW. I am amazed by that! We were talking about this verse, and Carolyn said something about, "I don't want God to just breathe, but I want Him to get out a sword and stab it in him!!!!" But then we thought about 2 Timothy 3:16 - "All Scripture is God-breathed..."
Then we thought about Hebrews 4:12 - "For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any two-edged sword..."

Another WOW. I love how you can connect different parts of the Bible like that! God-breathed. God's Word. Sharper than any two-edged sword. That probably isn't right or something, but it made sense to us. Just His breath is sharper than any sword. He doesn't need to grab a sword and stab the antichrist. Simply his breath and splendor is enough to pretty much slaughter him. My God is awesome. :)

Almost every time I go to Coffee Station I end up just reading my Bible. Maybe I should just live there! It's really cool. I have amazing conversations with really awesome people there. If you ever see me sitting in Coffee Station, please stop and say hi to me (even if I have no idea who you are). I love meeting new people! I will most likely be with my sister. We look like this:

...and now I've just invited creepy stalkers to visit us!!! :-/

Anyways, our quiche is done. Sometime I spell it "keesh" in my head. The keesh is done. Gotta go eat that!

-K

0 comments: