Friday, October 26, 2007

I Am Going to Need a Space Heater Pretty Soon


College Station is so beautiful this time of year.
Oh wait, just kidding. It's not.
I just realized that there is a huge rainbow on my wall. I wonder what is causing it. It starts at the drawer of my desk and goes all the way up the wall, across the ceiling, down the wall again, and it stops at my other desk drawer. It's kind of mesmerising.

54 out of my 574 facebook friends are either engaged or married. That's five up from last week, I think. I have a feeling there will be a huge surge in the number of engagements soon. Probably around the time of Christmas. It's such a magical, sentimental and romantic time of year... there's lights everywhere... you get to make hot chocolate and snuggle... why wouldn't you get engaged? :-P haha.

I am absolutely overwhelmed with how God provides for me, even in the little things. Money is tight right now for me, and I thought I would be eating peanut butter and jelly for ever meal for the next month. Last night I prayed about it a lot, and was confident that God would continue provide for me. After all, He tells us not to worry about what we will eat or what we will wear. He's going to take care of it! I was at the grocery store helping Carolyn to buy some stuff this afternoon (she's broke too) and I got a call from a number I didn't recognize. I don't understand why most people don't answer the phone if they don't know the number. I always always do! It's kind of exciting - you never know who it's going to be! It turned out being a lady from my church who just gave birth to her second daughter. She had heard from some other ladies in the church that I like to babysit and that I'm free a lot during the days. I told her that it was true, and then she told me, "Great! I'll be calling you a LOT then." I got a babysitting job for Tuesday, which is perfect, because next week is going to be really slow as far as homework goes.

I almost started dancing in the middle of the chip aisle, but I didn't. I just smiled and thanked God for His constant provision. Now I can pay for gas and my sister and I will be able to eat for the next month! Yay! :)

I think I'm going to go shave my legs now. Gotta prepare for No-Shave November! Just kidding, that was the grossest thing I've ever done.

-Katie

0 comments: