Monday, July 30, 2007

Two Things


I just got back from watching "No Reservations" with Carolyn and Anna. Two things:


1. Go see it.

I was pleasantly surprised! It was a very good movie. Very clean, very cute, but a tear-jerker quite a few times. I would definitely watch it again.

2. I really want to go to New York.

I have always wanted to go to New York. It just looks so magical! Especially in the wintertime (when the movie was set). I would love to go stand and look at that big Christmas tree with the snow falling down around me and Michael Buble playing in my head (haha). I want to see stores and streets lit up at night time. I want to sit on a bench by the water. I want to go to the "Shop Around the Corner" (it exists in my mind, and if it doesn't, I'm sure there are stores like it) and look at all the children's books. I want to buy fresh flowers from a market. I want to sit in a coffee shop and just watch people rushing past. I want to read a book in the park. I want to see a Broadway musical. It all looks terribly romantic.


I just really want to go to New York.

Ask my parents: I have always loved cities. It's not that I don't love the country - I really do. I love the quiet peacefulness and the untouched beauty of mountains and lakes and fields. I love the country. I grew up in the country pretty much. It's gorgeous.

But I love cities too. There is so much architecture and history. The people are intreaguing. There is always something to do and something to see. There is a certain energy about the city. It gets me excited!

Well, I should be getting to bed. I have to wake up at 6:30 tomorrow. Just like every other morning!

Goodnight. :)

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I love New York City! It's so much fun. The best time to go is around Thanksgiving-ish when they're just getting all the Christmas decorations out and the tree at Rockefellar Center is being lit! Ahh so awesome!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to NYC in a month! I've never been before, and I can't wait!
Deborah G.